Sony Announces PS4 Features
Alexandra Mangen / Oct 29th, 2013 No Comments
Sony announced that it will release a software update for the PS4 at the North American launch of the system on Nov. 15. The software update will enhance already existing features on the PS4 and add some new ones.
Features that will be available on the PS4 at launch will include:
- Record and screenshots functions that will enable gamers to upload gameplay and share it. Hitting the “SHARE” button on the PS4 DUALSHOCK 4 controller will enable gamers to scan through the last fifteen minutes of gameplay or take screenshots and then return to their game. Videos and screenshots will upload as gamers play and can be shared on Facebook and Twitter.
- Remote Play will give gamers access to most PS4 titles on their PS Vita system via Wi-Fi networks using the PS4 link.
- Second Screen will utilize the PS4 Link application for the PS Vita and PlayStation App for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets to enable the aforementioned devices to act as second screens in supported titles.
- Multi log-in will enable a maximum of 4 users to log-in to one PS4 system simultaneously. Gamers can use their own save data to play games and earn trophies.
- Party chat will allow gamers to chat with up to eight friends without requiring those friends to play the same game at the same time. Gamers can also chat with friends on the PS Vita and PS4 at the same time.
- Facial recognition will enable gamers to register their face to their PS4 and login to their system through the PlayStation Camera.
- Voice commands can be utilized to navigate through the PS4 home screen and other functions of the PS4.
Some features of the PS4 will not be available at launch like the suspend/resume mode which acts as a power saving app for the PS4 to conserve energy. Details about other PS4 features that will be included with future updates will be released after launch.
tags: dualshock 4 , features , news , ps vita , ps4 , software update , sony