Paranormal Activity VR Game and Vive VR Headset Coming to Theaters
Ryan Bloom / Oct 22nd, 2015 No Comments
Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension, the final installment of the Paranormal Activity movie franchise, will release in theaters Friday. The film is bringing the HTC Vive virtual reality headset to theaters along with it.
The Paranormal Activity VR game will be playable on HTC Vive headsets at select AMC theaters this weekend, developer VRWERX announced. The full game is not expected to release until spring 2016, but AMC and Paramount Pictures are allowing moviegoers to experience a demo at 15 AMC theaters throughout the U.S. Participating theaters include locations in:
- Baltimore, Md. (Loew’s White Marsh 16)
- Bensalem, Pa. (Neshaminy 24)
- Boston, Mass. (Loews Boston Common 19)
- Las Vegas, Nev. (Town Square 18)
- Lynnwood, Wash. (Loews Alderwood Mall 16)
- McLean, Va. (Tysons Corner 16)
- Mesquite, Texas (Mesquite 30)
- New York, N.Y. (Empire 25)
- Century City, Calif. (Century City 15)
- Emeryville, Calif. (Bay Street 16)
- Orange, Calif. (Orange 30)
- San Diego, Calif. (Mission Valley 20)
- San Francisco, Calif. (Metreon 16)
- Santa Clara, Calif. (Mercado 20)
- Universal City, Calif. (Universal CityWalk 19)
The demo will be available to try for free from Oct. 22 to Oct. 24. It will be one of the few chances thus far to try out the Vive VR headset that is a partnership from Valve and HTC.
In addition to a VR version, a standard edition of the Paranormal Activity is set to launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC next year.
Paranormal Activity seems like the perfect fit for a VR game. With a rare opportunity to try a VR device and game months before it releases, this seems like a great Halloween season activity for those in for a scare.
tags: HTC Vive , news , Paranormal Activity Game , Paranormal Activity The Ghost Dimension , Parnormal Activity Video Game , valve