The soundtrack includes an eclectic mix of tracks from Daft Punk, Gorillaz, The Black Keys, Phil Collins and Kanye West. Jay Z, who served as an executive producer and created the soundtrack for NBA 2K13, will also be featured on the NBA 2K14 tracklist.
Miami Heat star LeBron James, who was selected as the cover athlete for NBA 2K14, personally selected the songs that comprise the game’s soundtrack. It is the first time the two-time NBA champion will appear on the cover of a video game.
“2K is letting me take control of some important elements in NBA 2K14, including this year’s soundtrack,” James said. “I love that I’m the first NBA 2K cover athlete to choose the soundtrack.”
The complete tracklist for NBA 2K14 includes:
- Big Krit – Cool 2 be Southern
- Cris Cab – Paradise (On Earth)
- Coldplay – Lost!
- Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams) – Get Lucky
- Drake – Started From The Bottom
- Eminem – Not Afraid
- Fly Union – Long Run
- Gorillaz – Clint Eastwood
- Imagine Dragons – Radioactive
- Jada Kiss (feat. Ayanna Irish) – Can’t Stop Me
- Jay Z – The Ruler’s Back
- John Legend (feat. Rick Ross) – Who Do We Think We Are
- Kanye West – All Of The Lights
- Kendrick Lamar – Now Or Never
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Ray Dalton) – Can’t Hold Us
- Nas (feat. Puff Daddy) – Hate Me Now
- Phil Collins – In The Air Tonight
- Robin Thicke (feat. Pharrell) – Blurred Lines
- The Black Keys – Elevator
- The Black Keys – Howlin For You
The entire soundtrack can be heard prior to the game’s release via a stream on the NBA 2K14 page on Spotify.